I believe everyone can heal their relationship to food and their body. I don’t want to pass on body image issues or eating disorders to the next generation of young girls. I want to heal myself, I want you to heal and I want them to avoid the struggle we have endured. This website is my journey through recovery.
I’m a happy person, but on and off throughout the past 20 years of my life I’ve felt depressed and hopeless about my body and my relationship with food. I had tried every diet available and always gained back the weight I lost and more. I read tons of nutrition and eating disorder books. Some were helpful, but none freed me from binge eating and my negative relationship with food.
I’m a strong person, I’ve backpacked around the world alone at the age of 26 and ran my own online businesses for 7+ years now. I have accomplished so many things at a young age, except being able to find peace with my body and eat like a normal person.
Eventually after 20 years of struggle (diets, research, books, trial and error) I’ve decided I’m ready to give up the struggle. I want to accept myself and bring my body back to a healthy weight and stay at that weight for life. I’ve found extremely valuable information and tools that have been the catalyst for these changes. I have started to break free from the bullshit I’ve been in for far too long. That’s why I’ve created this website.
I want to share this knowledge and these tools with you, so that you can break free from disordered eating, diets, weight gain and have more self love too.
I want you to know that you’re not alone. The more I speak out about my struggles, the more I realize that I’m surrounded by friends, family and acquaintances who struggle with their weight, body image and nutrition as well.
My Beliefs and What I’ve Learned So Far:
- I have struggled for too long with trying to stick to a diet and I’ve finally accepted that diets don’t work.
- I have had binge eating episodes that have caused me to believe I was out of control, but I am not out of control for the reasons I thought I was.
- I have had an unhealthy relationship with my body/food and obsessed all day long about eating or not eating. My mind deserves to focus on other aspects on life.
- My body image plays a HUGE role in my happiness and day to day life.
- My happiness plays a huge role in what I eat and why I eat.
- There is not one diet, one way of thinking or one small change to make for recovery. There are many factors that fit together like a puzzle.
I understand the struggle you are in. I want you to come along with me on this journey. This is a place of support, love, knowledge and inspiration.
What I Want For You:
- Finally get to a normal healthy weight and stay there for life!
- Never have to diet or deprive yourself again.
- Find peace with food and not have it consume your thoughts all day long.
- Be free from binge eating or other food disorders.
- To feel confident and love your body every step of the way (it sounds SO hard, I know… but please just keep an open mind!).
- To no longer have to deal with the emotional rollercoaster caused by food.
Below are a list of some of the resources I mention throughout the blog that have helped me so far in my journey: